Sunday, April 28, 2013

Volutas volúveis ao vento



 Estas volutas podem ficar soltas em giro ou acomodadas em paredes. 
Quando soltas emitem um delicado som em choque com as contas. 
Queima a gás, 1300ºC,  com aplicação de óxido de ferro. 

These volutes will work loose, suspended in rotation. Or can stay on walls.
When suspended and  loose, it emits a delicate sound when clashing the beads.
Gas fired, 1300ºC, with iron oxide coating.






As espirais me acompanham desde a juventude. Sempre gostei de desenha-las, de tê-las por perto. Durante a época que estudei música, me encantava com a voluta do meu violino. Do mar, sempre coleciono conchas espiraladas...

Hoje, na cerâmica, as volutas nascem do movimento natural do torno. Lembram-me que é na origem de qualquer ação que há a concentração de energia necessária para sua continuidade. As espirais são otimistas, me dão força, me inspiram a continuar o movimento ritmado de expansão e superação nos vários aspectos da vida.


Spirals follows me since youth. I always liked to draw them, to have them around. During the time I studied music, I was enchanted with the volute of my violin. From the sea, I always collect spiral shells...

Nowadays, on pottery, volutes rise from the natural movement of the wheel. Reminding me that it is in the origin of any action where there is the energy concentration required to the continuity. Spirals are optimistic, give me strength and inspire me to continue the rhythmic movement of expansion in the various aspects of life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Obrigada por deixar seu comentário! Ele aparecerá em breve!
Thank you, your comment will show up soon!